Monday, July 2, 2007

Gearing up, going to Dallas

I am making tentative plans to be in Dallas this coming Friday, July 6th, in order to get into the Undermain so I can learn how much wiggle room our bicycling segments will have onstage there.

I think it would be a great way to also meet with Opalina--maybe for food or drink--so we can connect on a deeper level, both in terms of her role(s) in this production as well as personally/socially. I've felt a fondness for Opalina for over a year now, as she has commented on my other blog (xxcommunicator.blogspot.com) at times, and we have become familiar with one another's work as performing poets in the Metroplex. In my gut, Opalina has been a definite cast member since about mid-2006. It takes a little while for earnest intention and sheer willpower to dovetail with the right moment. The perfect moment to send the invitation. Anyway, Opalina seems thrilled with this opportunity, and I get to hang out with her--probably at the poets' hot spot, Cafe Amsterdam near Fair Park.

I am starting to eat/drink/breathe this play, and it's about time....

No comments: