Thursday, September 6, 2007

new poem about getting soaked on saturday...

Saturday, September 01, 2007
Poem #244 of 365

I never saw someone reach his
mouth to devour the storm
as you did, my friend, on rainy
today.

You cuddled the trunk of a tree
and allowed the pressure of a
man's shoulder to comfort you
too, as your mouths upturned
in wizened thirst.

I took no time to notice the
configuration of puddle as I
twisted my feet to turn from
the car and join you, and
be with you in wet.

You offered a song, it was the
mist of your smile, and I felt
worshipping words touch my
own lips, and the rain licked
our clothes, sealing them to skin.

Dreamy in mud, I could not
leave you to mirth in isolation,
as that shower washed away
everything but the sweetness
in our lives.


copyright 2007 tammy melody gomez

[republished from my blog at xxcommunicator.blogspot.com]

No comments: